Do you usually find tax season to be a chore, or even a trial? There are a few steps you can take to make your appointment with your tax professional go as smoothly as possible. While it’s always best to keep an organized file of financial paperwork year-round, you can still catch up before speaking to your tax specialist about filing your return.
If possible, in advance of your appointment, take the time to:
- Gather documentation for all sources of income
- Gather and separate documentation for expenses you plan to deduct
- Calculate deduction amounts for business expenses, medical expenses, charitable donations, and more
- Review your tax return from the previous year for line items you may have forgotten
- Jot down any questions you have for the tax specialist
Showing up to your appointment fully prepared will allow your tax advisor to consider all of the options available to you and file a return that minimizes what you owe—or even secures you a refund. Having all of the relevant information will also make accurate reporting easier, helping you avoid getting hit with penalties and having to amend your return down the line.
In and around St. Louis, you can turn to Tax Resolution St. Louis for exceptional tax help. Our staff has more than 40 years of on-the-job experience. Call or e-mail us today to book your appointment!